28 Kasım 2010 Pazar

Being a Reporter

In the previous weeks, we have read a story named "And of Clay are we Created" by Isabelle Allende. It was about an extra-ordinarily brave reporter. While reading the story I found myself thinking about the life of a reporter: Not organized and full of action. I admired the reporter's life for a second. Then I realized: I can't even get up at 8:30 to go to a lesson at 8:40. There is NO way I'm getting out of bed to go to a disaster zone. I don't have the courage, nor the enthusiasm. Even though a reporter's life may seem admirable, it's definitely not for me. Moreover, that reporter spent DAYS trying to save a girl's life...

I'm happy watching the news in my warm house, sitting on a comfortable sofa and drinking my coffee. Going out there is not for me.

1 yorum:

  1. We're lucky then that there are many different kinds of people... right? otherwise we would all be expecting to get the news without leaving our comfort zones...
    but it's a good thing you did think about whether or not you could / would want to do the job of a reporter or not...

    YanıtlaSil