2 Ocak 2011 Pazar

Television as a manipulative object

When I was a little kid, I used to spend majority of my time watching TV. My parents would be at work and all I could do at home was to play with my toys or watch TV. I believe that the TV shows and the advertisements had a great effect on my perception of "right" and "wrong".In my opinion, the colourful box named "television" has great effects on people's minds and unless controlled carefuly, these effects can be harmful. Television is strenghtening the social inequalities. Men and women, the poor and the rich, the black and the white, cannot be equal in real life as long as they are not equal in television.

1 yorum:

  1. so you agree with Gerbner (producer of the "Electronic Storyteller") a more realistic sense of equality needs to be portrayed in the media for people to pick up on it... I do, too.

    YanıtlaSil